See the benefits of dailies for kids, teens, and adults
Daily disposable contact lenses are rapidly rising in popularity to be many people’s favorite type of vision correction. These convenient contacts are usually very comfortable and provide crisp vision immediately after they are first inserted – with no adaptation period. At Cove Eyecare, we fit patients of all ages – young kids, teens, and adults – with daily disposables in Copperas Cove.
If you have a distant memory of hearing that daily disposables were made from cheap materials and that’s why they are “disposable,” it’s time to bury that thought. While it may have been true years ago, nowadays, dailies are constructed from high-quality, state-of-the-art materials that provide enhanced comfort and eye health. Many of our Copperas Cove patients claim that they have never experienced such comfortable contacts!
The basics of daily disposables
Contacts come in many types and with a variety of wearing schedules. Daily disposables are designed to be worn only once, for a single day. You insert them in the morning, wear them all day, remove at bedtime, and throw them in the garbage. The next day, you open a new package and insert a fresh pair of contacts. Does the convenience and ease of this sound appealing? Most adults love the simple, low maintenance of dailies. And for kids and teens, who usually have a more erratic schedule and also tend to be less vigilant with hygiene, daily disposables can be a perfect, healthy solution for vision correction. Call to book a contact lenses fitting with our Copperas Cove, Texas, eye doctor today!
A clear look at the benefits of dailies – at any age
To help you understand the big picture of what adults, kids, and teens can gain from daily disposables, our optometrist, Dr. Micheline Young, prepared this list:
- No routine cleaning and disinfection before you go to sleep. That means you don’t need to buy any costly cleaning solutions, and bedtime prep each night is much shorter!
- Dailies leave no time for allergens, such as dust or pollen, to build up on your contacts, so symptoms of eye allergies are often alleviated
- Protein deposits, cosmetics, and hairspray residue don’t accumulate on your lenses surface, so they are always comfortable
- Remembering when to discard your lenses is simple. No need to mark reminders on your calendar
- Frequent travelers love the simplicity of packing only spare pairs of contact lenses, instead of a whole kit with disinfectants and supplies
- Kids and teens (and busy adults) tend to neglect proper contact lens hygiene. With daily disposables, cleaning is a thing of the past
- Daily disposable contact lenses can be healthier; studies have shown that dailies lead to less eye irritation and infections. And because the lenses are thrown out daily, the risk of corneal injury from wearing a damaged or torn lens is reduced.
Full inventory of contact lenses in Copperas Cove, Texas
Not sure if daily disposables are right for you? We stock a complete selection of premium, brand-name contact lenses at Cove Eyecare, and Dr. Micheline Young will check your eyes and listen to your lifestyle needs in order to recommend the best type of contacts. Contact us to book a consultation, or stop by anytime to replenish your supply of contact lenses!
At Cove Eyecare, we put your family’s needs first. Talk to us about how we can help you maintain healthy vision. Call us today: 254-549-1142 or book an appointment online to see one of our Copperas Cove eye doctors.
Want to Learn More? Read on!