We Accept Many Insurance Plans in Copperas Cove
Our eye doctors work hard to help our Copperas Cove and Killeen patients find ways to lower the expense of healthy vision. We accept a range of insurance plans that offer helpful solutions, and our staff will review your policy with you to explain the coverage – and how to make the most of it.
Medical Insurance is Not the Same as Vision Insurance
There are two types of insurance for eye care: medical insurance and vision insurance. Basically, vision insurance covers your optical needs, such as annual vision testing, eyeglasses, and contact lenses, it does not cover any part of your eye care that is classified as “medical.” Many vision insurance plans also do not cover contact lens fittings and yearly evaluations.
In contrast, medical insurance covers eye care services that fall under medical necessity. Therefore, if you have an ocular disease or condition that causes problems with your eyes, you can usually use your medical insurance. Some common examples of conditions for which we can bill your medical insurance include:
- Comprehensive eye exams, with dilation (not including the refraction – vision testing – part of the exam)
- Eye infection
- Diabetes eye exams
- Monitoring cataract development
- Examination of patients who use medications with possible ocular side effects, such as steroid medications, arthritis medications, etc.
- Management and treatment for macular degeneration
- Monitoring and treatment for glaucoma
- Emergency visit for loss of vision due to a medical condition
Tips for Using Your Medical Insurance in Copperas Cove
- When you call our eye care centers to book an appointment, be sure to tell us the purpose of your visit. That way we can bill the appropriate insurance.
- Remember to bring your insurance card(s) with you to your appointment
- Verify the number of visits you are entitled to per year; this amount can vary between different insurance policies
- Clarify the deductibles and copayments involved. You will need to pay the deductible, which is then subtracted from the balance.
- If you require both optical and medical eye care services (such as checking your vision prescription in addition to inspecting your cataract development), we can coordinate the benefits of your vision insurance and medical insurance plans in order to help you minimize your expenses. You may be able to use one policy to cover your eyewear and another to cover your medical needs.
At Cove Eyecare, we serve Copperas Cove and Killeen with the most value for healthy vision! Our team will be pleased to help you understand your insurance policy and the best ways to use it. For more information, contact our optometry office in Copperas Cove.
If you do not see your medical insurance plan listed below, please call us. Some plans that we accept: